Sunday, January 25, 2015

Plain, But Fancy...

Last year was a great year for me to really go outside of my normal comfort zone of being the bikini girl / fitness model. Most of my shoots recently have been with either bikinis, to compliment all my hard work at the gym, or sports gear. What many don't know, I started my career off as a fashion model for Michael Costello in Palm Springs at the tender age of 14. This shoot I am about to share with you is really just going back to my fashion roots.

I have recently met a friend through another friend, and came across her profile and website, "Plain, But Fancy". This stood out to me because I loved how catchy the title was and felt that I, as a woman, could relate. I dug deeper into her site and noticed that most of the clothing was a vintage style clothing that embraced the stitching of the 70's. The colors were too elaborate to be of this generation and the texture of the clothing looked too sturdy to be made in China. I had to reach out to her to collaborate!

The introduction of how we met isn't necessarily that important, but who she is, is what truly matters. Her name is Marcia, and she started this site by going to estate sales and seeking out some good old fashions people were just tossing out. Not only were these people tossing them, but she felt that these fashions could be restored and revived in todays world. She purchased those articles of clothing and began the revitalization process making sure to maintain the top quality of the clothing.

Thus began our relationship as stylist and model. She and I had made an agreement to showcase the clothing, as I ran down to Joe Stemmer in Palm Springs to show him the fun new clothing I received. He was just as delighted as I was when I showed up with a full days worth of clothes to shoot in.

Either way, here are a few shots from our shoot.

Also, please check out the site: Plain, but Fancy! 

Find her Facebook: Plain but Fancy




No comments: