Sunday, October 5, 2014

Don't trip, with these Fall tips!


With fall approaching quickly (it’s already here!) , along with the ramped sprees of shopping, it is a little fearful to come up with how to maintain diet and exercise with the Halloween treats, Thanksgiving dinners, or the Christmas goodies! If you have a family or a schedule like mine, you will have plenty of parties to test your will power.

Here are some steps to follow when attempting to stay on the path of your goals:

1.       Don’t starve yourself: During the holidays, you may feel if you skip breakfast and lunch that it would be okay to have all your calories at the feast of dinner time. NO! Continue your path of 4-6 meals and by the time you reach dinner, you won’t feel the need to over indulge.

2.       Water, lots and lots of it: 70% of the body consist of water. Fill it up! When you’re dehydrated, naturally your body tells you with sweet or salty cravings. When you feel that, go for the water if you have already ate. Water is also essential for brain development and recovering internal and external cells. It’s a good way to work on that summer glow during the cold months.

      3.       Portion control: It’s ok to eat that small piece of candy. When you have amounts of treats that can fill a bathtub, that’s where you have problems. Continue your meals with veggies, proteins and complex carbs. My mother’s chocolate pudding pie is amazing during the holidays, but depending on where my goals are, I’ll make sure that I eat it responsibly. Given the fact that I can eat a whole pie myself.

4.       Move more: staying inside and toasty next to a fire is a lot more comforting than walking outside when it is chilly. When I get too content with snuggling, I feel sluggish and lazy, along with my pup. A brisk walk or jog 30 minutes a day will help keep the blood flowing, joints lubricated, and help stabilize metabolism.
 
5.       Stay motivated: working out in groups of people or letting friends know your goals is a great way to help you stay focused. Also, writing down your set goals and repeating them twice a day also helps maintain focus. Every morning I use prayer as a channel with my goals to God. My prayer goes as follows. “Father, let me be the best light I can be for the darkness. Not only for me to gain success, but to be an example to those who may be struggling. Allow me to accomplish my goals by doing (X,Y,Z…) today.” This theory can also be applied to meditation or attraction.
CNP Athletes (L-R): Gene Amoguis, Chantal Nugent Amoguis, Matt "Mo Hookups", James Ernster, Evina Luna, Nate Koch
Some days are better than others, and that is ok. The most important thing to remember is keep trying and continue to practice changing or keeping your habits.

No comments: